Holy Crap! X-Files is one boring TV Show!

As a kid, I was a scaredy cat. I loved to watch crime shows and an old serie called 911 where they showed true story emergencies like this woman in Florida who got stung by a giant venomous spider. I loved those kinds of shows. But when it was time to go to bed I was petrified. My mother was watching the X-Files back then in the 90's and I watched it with her. I remember having goosebumps on my arms as the theme song started. Watching it on TV was like going to the ER. There are people there with really horrid injuries but you can't help but look! This year, the reruns of the show are on TV! I'm a big nostalgic at heart. I love the 90's but I love the 80's better. Anyway, I thought it was a wonderful idea to air old episodes of The X-Files and I did watch them. Oh, how I was disappointed. There's nothing in there. At least it's not like I remember. I'm 26 years old and I'm sad to say that I wasn't horrified at all. I was bored out of my mind. Am I so jaded with horror movies that mystery shows aren't enough thrill now ? Actually, Jersey Shore is a lot more creeping me out that the X-Files.

2 commentaires:

  1. "Dossiers Mystères" was the exact same way for me. It was on past my bedtime so I never actually watched it, but my mother did and the theme song was nightmarish to me. I still remember it and it still makes me uneasy. Of course, I never got the "chance" to develop your resistance to horror films : P

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. You get used to it. A not so good friend of mine forced me to watch Freddy when I wasn't even in high school and it scared the crap out of me! I also was terrified of "La légende de la main verte" and my mom wouldn't let me sleep with her so I sleep in the hallway near her door for almost a week haha.

    RépondreSupprimer